Tandoori Roti Recipe
Baked Whole Wheat Flat Breads
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together:
- 2 cups Indian whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- about 3/4 cup warm water (enough for a kneadable dough)
- Knead the dough, cover, and set aside for at least 1/2 hour (ideally 1-2 hours).
- Divide the dough in 10-12 equal pieces. Roll out into 5"-6" rounds, paint lightly with ghee, then prepare by one of the two following methods:
- 1) Make a slit from one edge of the round to the center. Wrap one cut edge around the other to make a cone-shape. Flatten the cone back into a disk, then roll out with the rolling pin to the thickness of carboard, about 5"-6" wide.
- 2) Roll up the disk into a "jelly-roll." Now curl the roll into a spiral, like a cinnamon bun. Seal the outside end by pressing with your fingers, then flatten and roll out with a rolling pin to the thickness of cardboard, about 5"-6" wide.
- Place the roti on a cake rack, and set on top of the oven rack in your oven; bake until lightly browned. Paint one side of the roti with ghee to keep it from becoming brittle.
- You can also cook these in a skillet just like chapati. Remember to butter them when browned.
||Serving Size ||1|
||Protein || g|
|Fat ||1.5 g
Please do not copy this recipe. Please share it or link to it with this code:
<a href="https://www.ivcooking.com/p269_92.php">Tandoori Roti Recipe: Baked Whole Wheat Flat Breads</a>
More Indian Vegetarian Breads