Corn Chapati Recipe
Cornmeal Flat Breads (Similar to Corn Tortillas)
- Mix together with a spoon:
- 2 cups white masa harina*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Add more warm water as needed for a soft dough, about 1/2 - 1 cup.
- Knead with wet hands. Divide into 8 roughly equal portions. Pat out each piece into a thin round on a surface floured with more masa harina. Place the chapati, one at a time, on a heated, ungreased griddle. Moisten the top surface of the chapati with a wet paper towel. Flip it when the bottom side is slightly browned. When the second side is slightly browned, briefly place the chapati directly over the flame, browning both sides.
- * It is important that the masa harina be very finely ground.
|Servings ||Makes 8
||Serving Size ||1|
||Protein || g|
|Fat ||0 g
Please do not copy this recipe. Please share it or link to it with this code:
<a href="https://www.ivcooking.com/p269_79.php">Corn Chapati Recipe: Cornmeal Flat Breads (Similar to Corn Tortillas)</a>
More Indian Vegetarian Breads