Idli Pancakes Recipe
- Mix together:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh coriander leaves (cilantro), chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin/coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- pinch hot pepper powder
- pinch chopped fresh hot pepper/ginger/garlic mixture*
- 1 tomato, finely chopped (opt.)
- Following the package directions, add about 1 1/3 to 1 1/2 cups water to make a thin batter to:
- 1 (200 gm) package idli mix (uthapa)
- Spoon about 1/4 cup batter onto a hot, oiled griddle. Sprinkle with the onion mixture and drizzle with oil. Brown and flip. Brown the other side and serve. This can be eaten with Dosa Chutney.
- Traditionally, idli are steamed wheat cakes, requiring a special steamer to cook them. This recipe gives you an opportunity to enjoy their flavor without having to purchase additional equipment. You can also use idli mix, made a little thicker, for dumplings for plain lentil soup.
- * See recipe for Chana.
|Servings ||Makes 8
||Serving Size ||1|
||Protein || g|
|Fat ||0.8 g
Please do not copy this recipe. Please share it or link to it with this code:
<a href="https://www.ivcooking.com/p269_81.php">Idli Pancakes Recipe: Seasoned Pancakes</a>
More Indian Vegetarian Breads