Tamarind-Sugar Chutney Recipe
Sweet Chutney of Tamarind Paste With Two Sugars
- You might want to use a larger portion of this sweet chutney than some of the stronger chutneys in this book.
- Heat in a saucepan:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon tamarind paste
- Bring to a boil and simmer until the sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- In a blender, grind to a powder:
- 1 teaspoon roasted chickpeas
- Add and blend:
- 1 Tablespoon fresh coriander leaves (cilantro), chopped
- 1 teaspoon roasted peanuts
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add the peanut mixture to the sweet liquid. Serve in small bowls or cups for dipping, or for pouring over Khamong Dhokla.
|Servings ||Makes about 2 cups
||Serving Size ||1-2 TBS|
||Protein || g|
|Fat ||0 g
Please do not copy this recipe. Please share it or link to it with this code:
<a href="https://www.ivcooking.com/p269_65.php">Tamarind-Sugar Chutney Recipe: Sweet Chutney of Tamarind Paste With Two Sugars</a>
More Indian Vegetarian Chutneys