Tamarind-Date Chutney Recipe
Sweet Chutney of Dates with Tamarind Paste
- In a skillet, dry roast, stirring constantly for about 2-3 minutes, until lightly browned:
- 1 Tablespoon cumin seeds
- Puree together in a blender:
- 8 ounces (1 1/2 cups) pitted dates, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 dried hot peppers
- the roasted cumin seeds
- Check the thickness and add more water to give it the consistency of heavy cream-about 1 1/2 more cups. You can add more sugar if you think it's not sweet enough.
- This will keep in the refrigerator up to 6 months; thin it with water as necessary.
- This chutney goes very well with Samosa.
|Servings ||Makes 2 3/4 cups
||Serving Size ||1-2 tsp|
||Protein || g|
|Fat ||0 g
Please do not copy this recipe. Please share it or link to it with this code:
<a href="https://www.ivcooking.com/p269_5.php">Tamarind-Date Chutney Recipe: Sweet Chutney of Dates with Tamarind Paste</a>
More Indian Vegetarian Chutneys