Hot Pepper Chutney Recipe
Very Hot Chutney, Mostly of Cooked Hot Peppers
- Sauté until browned and soft:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 9 hot green peppers, cut into large pieces (with seeds)
- If you want to reduce the oil or are sensitive to the cooking vapors emitted from sautéing hot peppers, you can roast the peppers with a little vegetable oil in a covered pan in a 375 degree oven for 45-60 minutes until browned.
- When the peppers are browned, add and sauté or bake for 10 more minutes:
- 2 Tablespoons fresh coriander leaves (cilantro), chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 clove garlic, cut into large pieces
- Remove the pepper mixture from the pan with a slotted spoon: save the oil in the pan.
- Place the pepper mixture in a blender, and add:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 roasted peanuts (more peanuts for milder chutney)
- pinch fenugreek seeds
- Grind into a coarse paste.
- Reheat the oil in the pan with:
- pinch hing
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin/mustard/sesame seed mixture
- When the seeds pop, add the blender mixture and stir briefly.
|Servings ||Makes 1 cup
||Serving Size ||1-2 tsp|
||Protein || g|
|Fat ||2.2 g
Please do not copy this recipe. Please share it or link to it with this code:
<a href="https://www.ivcooking.com/p269_62.php">Hot Pepper Chutney Recipe: Very Hot Chutney, Mostly of Cooked Hot Peppers</a>
More Indian Vegetarian Chutneys