Self-Rising Puri Recipe
Fried, Leavened, White Flour Flat Breads
- In a flat bottomed bowl, mix together into a sticky dough:
- 2 cups self-rising white flour
- about 1 cup lukewarm milk
- Knead until smooth, though still sticky. Let rest, loosely covered, for 15-20 minutes.
- Break off golf ball-sized pieces, dip in the self-rising flour, and roll out as for puri. Deep-fry in oil until very lightly browned, pressing down lightly into the oil to assist puffing. Turn once to brown the second side lightly. Remove from the oil, drain, and serve.
- These do not keep well, so eat immediately. These puri are especially good with Chana.
|Servings ||Makes 10
||Serving Size ||1|
||Protein || g|
|Fat ||0.9 g
Please do not copy this recipe. Please share it or link to it with this code:
<a href="http://www.ivcooking.com/p269_84.php">Self-Rising Puri Recipe: Fried, Leavened, White Flour Flat Breads</a>
More Indian Vegetarian Breads