Spicy Besan Roti Recipe
Spicy Whole Wheat and Chickpea Rounds
- Mix together:
- 1 cup Indian whole wheat flour
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 2 small onions, diced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh coriander leaves (cilantro), chopped
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons cumin/coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon hot pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh hot green pepper, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic, minced
- pinch hing
- pinch cumin seeds
- Add enough water to form a sticky dough--about 1 cup. Knead well.
- Wet a piece of paper towel, and fold into a square. Form a 2" ball in your wet palm, place on the wet paper towel, and press into a 4" circle with wet fingers. Make 5 holes in the circle with a wet finger. Place on a hot, lightly oiled skillet by laying the flattened round on the skillet with the paper towel facing up, then peeling off the paper towel. Drizzle oil into the holes and around the circumference. Brown and flip. Brown the other side and drain on a fresh paper towel. Moisten the wet paper towel, and begin the next round.
- As you become more adept at making these, just fold the paper towel in half, and make two rounds on the towel at a time, taking them to the griddle, flipping both over, and peeling back the towel.
- Eat with butter, sugar, yogurt, vegetables, or some combination of these.
||Serving Size ||1|
||Protein || g|
|Fat ||0.8 g
Please do not copy this recipe. Please share it or link to it with this code:
<a href="http://www.ivcooking.com/p269_87.php">Spicy Besan Roti Recipe: Spicy Whole Wheat and Chickpea Rounds</a>
More Indian Vegetarian Breads