Tofu Crumbles Sandwiches Recipe
Toasted Sandwich with Tasty Tofu Crumbles
- 2 TBS vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 14 oz. package Nasoya® Organic Tofu EXTRA FIRM
- 1/4 cup coriander, finely chopped
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 2 TBS dried oregano flakes
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- Sliced bread and butter
- In a large pot, sauté chopped onions in vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Open the tofu package and drain away the water. With a paring knife, cut the tofu into segments while still in the packaging. Once the onions turn clear, add the tofu blocks into the pot. With a potato masher or large fork, pound the tofu blocks in the pot until they turn into a crumble. The pieces should be smaller than 1/4" cubes.
- Stir the crumbly mixture with a wooden spoon. When there is little to no water boiling at the bottom of the pot, add the diced tomatoes. Do not allow the tofu to dry or brown.
- When the juice from the tomatoes is reduced to a minimum, add the chopped coriander and spices to taste and heat for one more minute.
- Toast two bread slices, whole wheat for better health. Apply butter or margerine to the toasted bread, spread a layer of tofu crumbles between the slices, and enjoy while hot.
- Remaining tofu can be refrigerated for up to one week.
Note: This recipe is not in the Indian Vegetarian Cookbook.
||Serving Size ||1 sandwich|
||Protein || g|
|Fat ||0 g
|Nasoya® Organic Tofu Extra Firm|
Please do not copy this recipe. Please share it or link to it with this code:
<a href="http://www.ivcooking.com/p269_111.php">Tofu Crumbles Sandwiches Recipe: Toasted Sandwich with Tasty Tofu Crumbles</a>
More Indian Vegetarian Breads