Silk Wada Recipe
Silken Chickpea Flour And Yogurt Noodles
- Grease the outside bottoms of as many large, flat metal pans as you can find (3 very large pans is ideal). You can use pizza pans, cookie sheets, baking pans, etc.
- In a small mixing bowl or pitcher, combine until smooth:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup water
- In a separate bowl, place:
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- Add the yogurt mixture to the flour, little by little, and mix until smooth.
- Mix in:
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin/coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Pour this mixture into a heavy saucepan, and heat over medium to low, stirring constantly, until it is as thick as pudding--about 5-8 minutes. Make sure the batter doesn't stick to the bottom or sides of the pan, and smooth out any lumps. Then cover and let sit over very low heat for about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and let sit, still covered, for 3 more minutes.
- Working quickly so that the batter does not get too thick, spoon about 3-4 Tablespoons of batter onto each greased surface, and smooth over to cover the surface very thinly. Let dry for about 5 minutes. Then score each surface into 1 1/4" strips, and roll each strip into little "jelly rolls" called "wada." Place each roll onto an ungreased platter.
- Sprinkle with:
- 1/2 Tablespoon shredded, unsweetened coconut
- In a small frying pan, heat:
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- pinch hing
- 1/2 Tablespoon cumin/mustard/sesame seed mixture
- 1/2 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4-1/2 Tablespoon oregano seeds (ajama)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh coriander leaves (cilantro), chopped
- When the seeds pop, remove from the heat and pour over the wada.
- Traditionally this is eaten as finger food, perhaps with Sweet Filled Paratha, pg. 77, or a sweet dessert.
|Category ||Other Grain Dishes|
||Serving Size ||2|
||Protein || g|
|Fat ||1.8 g
Please do not copy this recipe. Please share it or link to it with this code:
<a href="http://www.ivcooking.com/p269_106.php">Silk Wada Recipe: Silken Chickpea Flour And Yogurt Noodles</a>
More Indian Vegetarian Other Grain Dishes